Bake some layers of veggie heaven
THIS recipe is from Giraffe Restaurant, which has branches in Horsham, Guildford and Walton on Thames.
Vegetarian lasagna (serves 4)
4 tbsp olive oil
Choose from a wide range of fabrics on our Roller or Vertical Blinds and get £20 off when you quote solo11
Terms: This offer is on Roller or Vertical Blinds only and can only be redeemed once per person.
Contact: 01306 770413
Valid until: Tuesday, December 24 2013
4 leeks, sliced
1kg (2¼lb) spinach
2 garlic cloves, chopped
400g (14oz) goat's cheese, crumbled
1 jar artichokes, drained and quartered
150g (6oz) cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4.
2. Heat olive oil in a large pan
3. When it is hot, add the leek, turn the heat down and sauté for 10 minutes or until soft
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Add the spinach and wilt down. This should take about 5 minutes.
6. Add the garlic, toss well and check seasoning.
7. Spread a layer of spinach in a shallow oven-proof dish
8. Scatter over some of the goat's cheese and a few artichokes and layer with some tortillas, taking care not to overlap
9. Repeat layering and finish up with the tortilla, then layer on the cheddar.
10. Bake in oven for 30 mins or until brown and bubbling.