A tasty summer dessert
THIS week's recipe comes from Caroline Davies, of St Joan's Farm, Flanchford Road, Leigh.
Grilled pineapple with ice cream dessert (serves 8)
1 (1½-2kg/3-4lb) pineapple
Choose from a wide range of fabrics on our Roller or Vertical Blinds and get £20 off when you quote solo11
Terms: This offer is on Roller or Vertical Blinds only and can only be redeemed once per person.
Contact: 01306 770413
Valid until: Tuesday, December 24 2013
2 tsp butter
50g (2oz) brown sugar
60ml (4 tbsp) rum
1 tub ice cream
1. Cut the top and bottom off the pineapple.
2. Peel it and cut it crosswise into 8 rings, about ½ inch each.
3. Use a spoon or apple corer to carve out the centre core of each ring.
4. Spray a large grill pan with cooking spray and heat under a medium grill.
5. Grill the pineapple, in two or three batches, for two to three minutes on each side, until it is nicely brown and grill marks have appeared.
6. While the last batch of pineapple cooks, heat the butter, sugar and rum in a small saucepan over a low heat.
7. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce has thickened slightly, which should take about two minutes.
8. Remove the sauce from the heat.
9. Place a pineapple ring on each plate.
10. Put one scoop of ice cream into the centre of the ring, and drizzle about two teaspoons of sauce on top.