A tasty summer dessert
THIS week's recipe comes from Caroline Davies, of St Joan's Farm, Flanchford Road, Leigh.
Grilled pineapple with ice cream dessert (serves 8)
1 (1½-2kg/3-4lb) pineapple
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Our heavyweight cards have FREE UV silk coating, FREE next day delivery & VAT included. Choose from 1000's of pre-designed templates or upload your own artwork. Orders dispatched within 24hrs.
Terms: Visit our site for more products: Business Cards, Compliment Slips, Letterheads, Leaflets, Postcards, Posters & much more. All items are free next day delivery. www.myprint-247.co.uk
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Sunday, June 30 2013
2 tsp butter
50g (2oz) brown sugar
60ml (4 tbsp) rum
1 tub ice cream
1. Cut the top and bottom off the pineapple.
2. Peel it and cut it crosswise into 8 rings, about ½ inch each.
3. Use a spoon or apple corer to carve out the centre core of each ring.
4. Spray a large grill pan with cooking spray and heat under a medium grill.
5. Grill the pineapple, in two or three batches, for two to three minutes on each side, until it is nicely brown and grill marks have appeared.
6. While the last batch of pineapple cooks, heat the butter, sugar and rum in a small saucepan over a low heat.
7. Stir until the sugar is dissolved and the sauce has thickened slightly, which should take about two minutes.
8. Remove the sauce from the heat.
9. Place a pineapple ring on each plate.
10. Put one scoop of ice cream into the centre of the ring, and drizzle about two teaspoons of sauce on top.